Wednesday 9 October 2013

Recipe Review - Make Your Own Semi-Dried Tomatoes

For a little while now I have been following Deliciously Clean on Facebook. A fantastic site that posts delicious clean recipes for you to try at home.

Recently a recipe for making semi-dried tomatoes piqued my interest as I had just been given a whole stack of beautiful Roma tomatoes from my parents.




Here is the recipe from Deliciously clean:

Preheat oven to 130 - 140. Line a large tray with baking paper. Place a cake cooling rack on top. Slice Roma tomatoes in halves and place cut side up on the tray.

For 6 large Roma tomatoes use:
1 1/2 tbls olive oil
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (I didn't have this so just used ordinary rock salt)
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried thyme

Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, basil and thyme.
Bake in oven for 2.5 - 3hours on 130-140 degrees.

After following this recipe I started with a full tray of Roma tomato halves drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with spices. 



After almost 3 hours in a low oven, this is what I ended up with. They are the most delicious semi-dried tomatoes I have ever eaten! So easy to make and so tasty. Why didn't I try this sooner? I can't wait to add these to a pizza or salad this week.


I also can't wait to try more recipes from Deliciously Clean.

Lazy Girl F xx

No comments:

Post a Comment